Porsche Convertible Top Repair

If your Porsche convertible top isn't opening or closing, but the metal compartment lid still moves, then this is your fix. This problem is common on all Porsche convertible tops made between 1997 and 2012.

Parts

  • Replacement ball joints. Porsche doesn't sell the ball joint, so there is no part number, but you can buy an OEM replacement from Gary here or here
  • Porsche only sells the entire assembly. For the 986, this is Part # 986-561-279-02
  • The rubber bushing on the 986 is Part # 986-561-881-00
Comparison of the replacement (left) withe the original part off my 986.

Comments

  1. I didn't even see the date stamp on this post, but nonetheless congrats on the baby. If your attention to detail is like fixing your Porsche, then your baby will be exceptionally well maintained!

    Im a second time Boxster owner. This 99 was purchased for $7k and now I have costs related to an accident that may surpass the value. Hence, the reason that I discovered your video. Clear, educational, reassuring, great videography and your down to earth nature make this DIY enjoyable.

    I was wondering if you would be able to let me call you as I am old fashion and I like the personal interaction as well. I can be reached at (714) 353-5820. My name is Glenn and the area code reflects Southern California.

    Is Burner your real name or nick name? I only ask because we might be distant relatives as Im hearing people call me Burnt Out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment